Srinagar: An employee of power development department (PDD) was electrocuted to death in Bumhama area of north Kashmir’s Kupwara district, officials told Kashmir Reader Wednesday.
34-year-old Reyaz Ahmad Lone of Achabal, Sopore received electric shock when he along with his colleagues was erecting an electric pole in Bumhama locality of the frontier district on Tuesday evening, officials said.
Lone was removed to the Sub-District hospital Kupwara by his colleagues. However, the doctors there declared him brought dead.
“The body of the deceased was handed over to his family after completion of legal formalities,” officials added.(Agencies)