More than 100 kids suffer food poisoning in Bhadohi school

    Bhadohi, Nov 2 : More than 100 school children fell ill due to suspected food poisoning in this Uttar Pradesh district, police said here on Thursday.

    The children, belonging to Pt Deen Dayal Upadhyaya Boarding School, were served biscuits, the expiry date of which had long been over, on Wednesday evening.

    According to Dr Jai Naresh, chief medical superintendent of Maharaja Balwant Singh Government Hospital, 103 children were admitted to the hospital with symptoms varying from vomiting to diarrhoea and even both.

    He added that 43 children were treated and discharged after some time, and the remaining 60 were discharged on Thursday morning.

    He accused the school administration of negligence as the wrappers indicated that the expiry date of the biscuits has long been over.