Lethpora CRPF Group Centre Attack: NIA prohibits family of alleged incarcerated ‘militant’ from selling house, other properties
Pulwama, Sep 19: National Investigation Agency known in common parlance as NIA Saturday confiscated the house and other property of Ratnipora Pulwama youth who is in NIA custody since April 2019.
Pertinently, the National Investigation Agency in April last year had claimed that it arrested the fifth person allegedly involved in the December 2017 CRPF Group Centre attack in Lethpora, Pulwama in which five CRPF personnel and three Jaish-e-Muhammad militants were killed.
Irshad Ahmad Reshi, a resident of Ratnipora in Pulwama and allegedly an “over the ground worker (OGW) of the JeM, according to NIA is a key conspirator of the 2017 attack.
NIA had claimed that Reshi has been found to be a key conspirator who provided logistic support in form of sheltering and transport for the militants and conducting reconnaissance of the CRPF Group Centre, Lethpora before the militant attack. He was arrested from Pulwama on 8 April 2019 and is still in NIA custody.
Official sources told news agency KNT that sleuths of NIA team along with police visited the house of 26 year old Irshad Ahmad Reshi in Ratnipora Pulwama and pasted a notice on his house that family members should not sell the said house or any of their property till further notice from the National Investigating Agency.
The family sources confirmed that NIA team pasted a notice on their house and directed them not to sell it or any other property. They said some family members were questioned but no arrests were made. (KNT)
Comments are closed.